Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2020/09/21 06:56:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.2.0 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

***Testing Guideline***

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.
To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks,
but please mention which checks you have performed when voting.

***Release Overview***

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

***Staging Areas to Review***

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key
1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-2.2.0-rc1" [6]

***Vote Duration***

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours, lasting until 24 Sep., 7AM
UTC.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+
Stateful+Functions+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-2.2.0-rc1/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1398/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12348350
[6]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-statefun.git;a=commit;h=1f27f38ab15e536fbd961e5ae1978ef44900c0f6

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #1

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for testing the RC and fixing so quickly Igal!
The fixes have been merged now.
I'll cancel this RC in favor of a new one.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@ververica.com>.
Hi everyone,
This vote is canceled. We have found few blocking
issues [FLINK-19330], [FLINK-19327]
a new RC would be out tomorrow.

Thanks,
Igal.