Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2003/04/23 10:51:48 UTC

Cactus Maven Integration

Hi Vincent,

I'm wondering why the Cactus plugin for Maven is hosted in the Maven
CVS-Repo instead of the Cactus repo (of course, I *do* see how many
plugins for third-party applications Maven is hosting itself). Is there
any chance that it could be moved into jakarta-cactus in the long term
-- before a stable Maven release, for example?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm not actively involved in Maven
development or even usage, so I have no idea what's going on with the
Cactus plugin either, except I explicitly download Maven or browse the
CVS change logs. I also suspect there are some discussions about Cactus
on the Maven mailing lists that non-Maven users/devs like myself may be
missing. Ideally, I think the Maven plugin should be hosted by us to
avoid this fragmentation.

 From what I've seen, the Cactus plugin for Maven doesn't have any
dependancy on the Ant integration, the configuration files and the logic
for running tests in the various supported containers are mostly
duplicated. This seems problematic when the two integration modules are
hosted in different repositories.

Versioning is another problem, IIUC. We cannot currently release updates
to the Cactus Maven Plugin outside of an update of Maven itself.

-chris

Re: Cactus Maven Integration

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Vincent,

thanks for the info. Don't agree about putting the integration modules
into the product they integrate with, but hey ... ;-)

-chris

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Chris,