Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com> on 2013/01/22 13:22:21 UTC

Hadoop Cluster

Hi,

I am trying to understand the difference between HA cluster and Hadoop cluster. Can this group help me understand, how differently Hadoop cluster should be monitored?

Thanks,
Savitha

RE: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com>.
Thank you so much for your quick response.

From: "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com>>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:22:21 +0000
To: user@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org>>
ReplyTo: user@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Hadoop Cluster

RE: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com>.

________________________________

RE: Hadoop Cluster

RE: Hadoop Cluster

Re: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
The most significant difference between the two, as per my view, is that HA
eliminates the problem of 'NN as the single point of failure'. For a
detailed info I would suggest you to visit the official web site. You might
also find this link<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2011/02/hadoop-availability/>
useful
which talk about HA in great detail.

For your second question you can follow Bejoy sir's answer.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM, <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Savitha
>
> HA is a new feature n hadoop introduced in Hadoop 2.x releases. So It is a
> new feature on top of Hadoop cluster.
>
> Ganglia is one of the widely used tools to monitor the cluster in detail.
> On a basic hdfs and mapreduce level, the JobTracker and NameNode web UI
> would give you a good consolidation on hadoop cluster.
> Regards
> Bejoy KS
>
> Sent from remote device, Please excuse typos
> ------------------------------
> *From: * "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com>
> *Date: *Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:22:21 +0000
> *To: *user@hadoop.apache.org<us...@hadoop.apache.org>
> *ReplyTo: * user@hadoop.apache.org
> *Subject: *Hadoop Cluster
>
>  Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the difference between HA cluster and Hadoop
> cluster. Can this group help me understand, how differently Hadoop cluster
> should be monitored?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitha

Re: Hadoop Cluster