Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/01/06 06:25:42 UTC

Re: Navigation - Linking Panes

On Tuesday, December 31, 2002, at 12:19  AM, NLawal@iteco.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do link a pane from another? Also how do I build other .psml pages
> besides the defaults that come with jet speed. The objective is to be
> able
> to link a portlet in a pane with another either on the same pane or in
> different pane. i will also like to link a .psml page from another.

See the JSLink Examples portlet.

Here are some examples of links to panes in Velocity:

$jslink.getPaneById("P_12345")
$jslink.getPaneById("Pane_3,SubPane_17")
$jslink.getPaneByName("pane_1")

jslink.getPortletById("P_56789_1234")
jslink.getPortletByName("portlet_2")

To link to another psml page:

$jslink.getPage("myPage")

Or role or group page:

$jslink.getGroup("lab","LabHome")
$jslink.getRole("clerk","ClerkHome")

The default page doesn't require the 2nd parameter

To build other pages, login as admin and go to the Admin Tab, PSML
Browser function.
You can maintain all of your PSML resources from there including adding
and cloning pages.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software