Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by moorsel <fr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/10 10:55:43 UTC

Network of brokers and protocol

Hi, I am trying to connect two different broker instances using a
networkbrokerconnector. One of the brokers is ActriveMQ but the other is not
but supports AMQP 1.0 so I would like to instruct the networkconnector to
use AMQP in stead of openwire. Is this possible? I tried the following
config but get an error message:

<networkConnectors>
<networkConnector name="NETWORKBROKER1"
uri="static://(amqp://localhost:6672)"/>
</networkConnectors>

WARN | Could not connect to remote URI: amqp://localhost:6672: Invalid
connect parameters: {wireFormat.host=localhost}

Re: Network of brokers and protocol

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/10/2014 04:55 AM, moorsel wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to connect two different broker instances using a
> networkbrokerconnector. One of the brokers is ActriveMQ but the other is not
> but supports AMQP 1.0 so I would like to instruct the networkconnector to
> use AMQP in stead of openwire. Is this possible? I tried the following
> config but get an error message:
>
> <networkConnectors>
> <networkConnector name="NETWORKBROKER1"
> uri="static://(amqp://localhost:6672)"/>
> </networkConnectors>
>
> WARN | Could not connect to remote URI: amqp://localhost:6672: Invalid
> connect parameters: {wireFormat.host=localhost}

No, the network connector is designed to bridge ActiveMQ instances using
the native protocol (OpenWire)

Why not use Camel to bridge the two brokers?

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.