Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/04/29 13:31:01 UTC

Re: Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects; WAS Re: [all] Jira?

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 23:58 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > On 4/28/06, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I think that having a naming scheme is a good idea. From a user
> >> standpoint I see no reason for keeping the project ids short (3-4
> >> characters). If Jakarta will be sharing the Jira instance with other ASF
> >> projects then using a J prefix for Jakarta project should be used, like
> >> this:
> >> - JLANG
> >> - JDIGESTER
> >> - JCOLLECTIONS
> >> - JHTTPCORE
> >
> > It does seem to be that there's more interest in the full name than
> > the shorter one.
> >
> > In terms of the J***, we should we be asking infra@ what they want to do.
>
> If infra don't require us to use a prefix then we shouldn't use one.
> Keep it as simple as possible, but still readable.

Folks,

Then I will go ahead and try to scrap the existing project and create a
new one with JHTTPCORE as the project id. Please complain loudly if you
have any objections to that.

Oleg

Re: Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects; WAS Re: [all] Jira?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 23:58 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> > Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> > > In terms of the J***, we should we be asking infra@ what they want to do.
> >
> > If infra don't require us to use a prefix then we shouldn't use one.
> > Keep it as simple as possible, but still readable.
>
> Folks,
>
> Then I will go ahead and try to scrap the existing project and create a
> new one with JHTTPCORE as the project id. Please complain loudly if you
> have any objections to that.

Let me find out if Infra are worried about clash with prefix or not.
If not, then it'll be HTTPCORE.

Hen