Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/19 15:49:28 UTC

Drop MongoDB support ?

Hello,
Current MongoDB test elements use Mongodb java driver 2.11.
Last 2.X version is 2.14.0 and it is now advised to use 3.X which uses an
asynch model.

Migrating to 2.14 introduces some deprecations which would need fixing.
Migrating to 3 requires more work and may be incompatible with JMeter
threading mondel.
But  I wonder if it's useful to still maintain this element in JMeter:
- I don't see JMeter referenced on MongoDB website
- Looking into stackoverflow I don't neither see many questions (2),
http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=[jmeter]+%2Bmongo
- AFAIK, we only got 1 question on MongoDB

What's your opinion ?

Regards
Philippe

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by Andrey Pokhilko <ap...@ya.ru>.
Hi,

Just bring it as Pull Request to JMeter and we'll work on it.

Andrey Pokhilko

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by Andrey Pokhilko <ap...@ya.ru>.

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drop MongoDB support ?

Posted by John_schulz <jo...@aol.com>.
IMHO the current jmeter mongodb driver is of limited usefulness anyway. It would be nice to have one that fully supports the newer mongodb API. Retaining the current relatively useless one is of marginal value.

John

Sent from my iPad