Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Meenakshi Singh <me...@mind-infotech.com> on 2005/11/07 06:51:22 UTC

Cross Tabs with Jasper

Hi All,
I want to create cross tab reports with Jasper reports. Would anyone plz
help.
Is there any free designer which will help me create cross tab reports?
I have tested ireport..it doesn't support cross tabs till now.

plz helppppppppp, it's urgent
Meenakshi.

Re: Cross Tabs with Jasper

Posted by Rokibul Islam Khan <kr...@gmail.com>.
Couple of months back i faced this kind of requirements for some reports,
unfortunately our choice was ireport. After few findings I came to know that
neither ireport nor jasper report supports cross tab directly but there are
few way to do that, if you are a pain lover like me then probably you will
choose one of those.

So far I found two ways to make a cross tab( alike jasper report no ide
based on jasperrepor support this feature). first one is manipulating xml
directly, velocity like template engine may be handy to accomplish this.

Second way ( I used and think more convenient than first one) is to build
the object representation of the xml file programaticaly. I haven't found
API doc that much usefull but if you are familiar with the schema of the xml
file that ireport generate/jasperreport use that will help you much, the
object representation, even property/method name are same as the schema.

lastly you will find a sample which use second way with jasper report
distribution titled "noxmldesign". Hope this will help.

On 11/7/05, Meenakshi Singh <me...@mind-infotech.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to create cross tab reports with Jasper reports. Would anyone plz
> help.
> Is there any free designer which will help me create cross tab reports?
> I have tested ireport..it doesn't support cross tabs till now.
>
> plz helppppppppp, it's urgent
> Meenakshi.

Rokibul Islam Khan
Software Developer