Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch> on 2002/02/08 08:57:24 UTC

Re: is it possible to manually draw lines in a table ?

> is it possible to manually draw lines in a table or on a page ?
>
> or something like that, because i have to following problem:
>
> i have text rows in a table that end before the table ends,
> so the table is larger. i have to columns separated by the borders of the
> cells ( lines ) but the don't go through the whole table, they end
> with the text rows, but i would need them going to end.
> now i can't make blank text rows and cells, because i don't know
> when the page ends. if there would be to many text rows
> then a next page would be drawn with no context...

I'm not sure I've understood exactly what you want but I think you could
try to use a block-container with absolute positioning to draw your
table borders using SVG for example (similar to the borders.fo examples
in docs/examples/fo). And then you create your table underneath without
borders.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 41 317 20 20 - Fax +41 41 317 20 29
Internet http://www.outline.ch

Re: Multiple fonts

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
This was in the final PR, at least, and it is a piece of syntactical
nastiness which comes to us from CSS.  Not only is the font-family value
a comma-separated list of indeterminate length, but individual names may
include spaces, and such names need not be quoted.  Syntax like this
makes property expression parsing a nightmare.

Peter

Re: Multiple fonts

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.

Multiple fonts