Posted to dev@community.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/03/07 13:46:33 UTC

Offer of Mentoring and Coaching to All Apache Communities

Hi Everyone

I'd like to introduce you to Veronica Tomat. She contacted us a few
weeks ago looking for ways to volunteer and contribute to our
communities. Veronica is new to Apache and she is very keen to help out
by offering her time and skills to us, including coaching, diversity &
inclusion, mentoring mentors, cross cultural negotiation etc.

These topics come up regularly in our community track presentations as
areas that our communities need to understand and learn about, so this
could be an opportunity for us to help improve and reinforce these
skills within our communities.

I've included Veronica on this email so will let her respond and provide
more details of what she can do, how to contact her and how she would
like to manage the sessions.

Welcome Veronica and thanks for contacting us!

Thanks
Sharan/
/

Re: Offer of Mentoring and Coaching to All Apache Communities

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I have the same interesting topics as Justin said, it could be great
if we can set up a reguraler Special Interest Group for it.
In this way we can get more people to join the discussion :)

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Hi Veronica, nice to meet you!  What do you think of a mentor the mentors
session for our Google Summer of Code mentors?

Google GSoC FAQ: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq

Our GSoC website: https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Regards,
KAM
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi Veronica,

Posted by veronica1t <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,

I’m Veronica and it’s an honour and immense privilege to be in contact with
you. I’d like to volunteer to offer you  some coaching.

*First of all I’d like to introduce myself*

I’m Italian. I graduated in Social Psychology at the University of Trieste.
After working as a Psychologist for a year in an eating disorder department I
enrolled in a Master in Psychology of Labour and Organizations at the
University of Padova.

Right now I am responsible for a Human Resource Department in an Italian
digital company. The department was founded by me 10 years ago and  I have
been a business coach since 2018

*Here are some examples of topics from my profession which I can make
available to all of you*

·         How to structure and deliver effective  presentations

·         Mentor the mentors (techniques to be effective)

·         Coaching

·         Communication

·         NLP techniques to help for best management practice

·         How to negotiate with people from other cultures

·         Implementing  a diversity-inclusion management program

·         & so on

I’m a systemic coach so it doesn’t matter if the topic you want to talk
about is not strictly related to an Apache project. The session we will do
together will have a positive reflect on your job, on your private life and
of course on the Apache community. We will consider all aspect of your
world because they are tightly interconnected and they are affected and
affecting each other.

*How to get in touch and work together:*

·         Channel: write an email tomat.veronica@gmail.com

·         Tell me your needs and let me know the time zone you belong to

·         In 24 hours I’ll let you know when-where and for how long we will
meet.

o    The meeting will be on Zoom

·         Are your needs not clear to you? That’s Great! It’s a wonderful
topic to talk about J

I am looking forward to working and collaborating with you.

Please contact me if you have any questions

All the best

Veronica