Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/09/25 20:17:35 UTC

[Axis2] Road to 1.0

Hi Devs,

We are getting good response to Axis2 and seems like we are actually
getting good momentum too. And lot of people would like to see a stable 1.0.

I would like to see a clear path for Axis2 towards 1.0. So please help
us to define the features we require for 1.0-alpha which will ultimately
become 1.0.
I've asked for this earlier too, but didn't get good response. So please
let us know the things via wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/releases/1.0-alpha) at least
this time. And if you think we MUST fix some JIRA issues before 1.0,
please report them also in the above link. It would be nice if people
can volunteer and help to fix them as well, just a humble request :-)

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] Road to 1.0

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 11:17 -0700, Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> We are getting good response to Axis2 and seems like we are actually
> getting good momentum too. And lot of people would like to see a stable 1.0.
>
> I would like to see a clear path for Axis2 towards 1.0. So please help
> us to define the features we require for 1.0-alpha which will ultimately
> become 1.0.

Following a suggestion by Dennis, let's try to go to a release candidate
instead of an alpha next (unless we see the need to do another .9*
release).

> I've asked for this earlier too, but didn't get good response. So please
> let us know the things via wiki
> (http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/releases/1.0-alpha) at least
> this time. And if you think we MUST fix some JIRA issues before 1.0,
> please report them also in the above link. It would be nice if people
> can volunteer and help to fix them as well, just a humble request :-)

+1.

Sanjiva.