Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ol...@unilog.de on 2006/01/23 21:50:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Re:[users@httpd] Apache 2 and SSL on server with multiple IPs, SSL won't load...

In this line you sould put the certificate of your rootCA which has signed your certificate.
  SSLCACertificatePath /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/<root-ca>.crt
"VerifyDepth 5" seems to be to high because than you need certificates in chain up to 5
like (e.g.cert1 + cert2 +cert3 +cert4 +rootCA) but you only have 2 (with the root certificate) oder 1 (without root cert)

With a certificate where the common name is not the same like the server name (in this case here of the virtual host) than you won't get any https connection, they have to be the same.

Here are some examples http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509.html
and here is one to show into a certificate:  openssl x509 -in cert.pem -noout -text

Greets
Oliver