Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Joshua Bassett <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/10 04:27:30 UTC

Rolling File Appender

Hi All,

I've been happily using log4net in my latest commercial C# .NET
windows app....great work to all involved...it makes my life a lot
easier ;)

My application relies on the RollingFileAppender for appending log
messages and rolling the log file (named "log.txt") on both date and
size. This is currently working very nicely. However, it has now been
requested by the powers that be that my application rolls its log
files using the naming convention

"log.1.txt" and "log.yyyymmdd.txt"

instead of

"log.txt.1" and "log.txt.yyyymmdd".

The reason being that the former is still easily opened using Notepad
due to it preserving the .txt file extension.

Can log4net currently support this behaviour or do I need to make some
changes to the RollingFileAppender class?

Thanks in advance,

--
Josh