Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/04/23 15:55:44 UTC

0.16 release update - proposed final RC is available

Hi, folks.  RC3 is available at the link below:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc3/

The following issues have been resolved since RC2:

   jross@nicaea qpid-0.16$ svn log -r 1324656:HEAD | fgrep QPID
   QPID-3944: Autotools build system doesn't correctly detect python
     developer libraries
   QPID-3939 - Bumped wrapped Ruby versions to 0.16.
   QPID-3940 - Back ported to 0.16.
   QPID-3946 - Back-ported to 0.16.
   QPID-3864: add/fix licences in the Java tree for 0.16
   QPID-3962: Added licensing to the Cucumber feature test step definitions

Robbie raised the issue of missing license headers.  All significant code
files have license headers, but some of the build metadata and
documentation does not.  I've created a new jira to fix that for the next
release.  I don't want to hold up 0.16 any longer, and I think we've
dealt with the most important missing headers.

If no new blocker issues are discovered, this will be our final 0.16
release candidate, and the RC3 bits will be the GA bits.  I'll open the
vote for release shortly so we can move toward GA.

One last thing.  I'll be generating the final release notes this week.
Please get any edits you'd like to see into the jira database.

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.16 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/016-release.html

Re: 0.16 release update - proposed final RC is available

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.
Am 03.05.2012 18:21, schrieb Andrew Stitcher:
> On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 15:52 +0200, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>> On Debian Systems it basically compiles/runs. These problems
>> occured:
>>
>> * Perl tries to install to /usr/usr/lib/foo instead of
>> %prefix%/usr/lib/foo
>>
>>    So the Perl-Module fails for me. I've no idea where to configure
>>    the correct target directory for the build.
>
> I think you meant %prefix%/lib/foo - what you said is the erroneous
> behaviour!

Yes ;-)

Re: 0.16 release update - proposed final RC is available

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.
On Debian Systems it basically compiles/runs. These problems occured:

* Perl tries to install to /usr/usr/lib/foo instead of
%prefix%/usr/lib/foo

   So the Perl-Module fails for me. I've no idea where to configure
   the correct target directory for the build.

* HA test fails

   I've to disable the ha_tests.py, because they make use of the
   qmf python module - which is just present in the build directory
   and not globaly (cyclic build dependency). Maybe it's possible to
   modify sys.path to find the freshly created qmf.console module.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I've run some tests against the Java Broker 0-16 RC3 and encountered no issues.

Details of tests run:
used java Drain/Spout examples to publish/receive messages to/from
Java Broker. monitored queues using Java Broker Management Console.

No issues found.

Kind Regards,
Alex