Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tzach Livyatan <tz...@cloudius-systems.com> on 2015/09/03 20:21:56 UTC

[Ann] Ansible base Cassandra stress framework for EC2

I'm please to share a framework for running Cassandra stress tests on EC2.
https://github.com/cloudius-systems/ansible-cassandra-cluster-stress

The framework is a collection of Ansible playbooks and scripts, allowing to:
- Create a Cassandra cluster (setting server type, version, etc)
- Launch any number of loaders
- Run cassandra-stress on all loaders and collect the results
- Add nodes to a running cluster
- Stop and starts nodes
- Clean old data from servers before each test
- Collect and display relevant metrics on a Collectd+Graphite+Tessera
<http://urbanairship.com/blog/2014/06/30/introducing-tessera-a-graphite-frontend>
 server

Use cases I tested using this framework:
* Stress with multiple loaders
* Out Scale
<https://github.com/cloudius-systems/cassandra-test-and-deploy/wiki/Testing-Cassandra-Out-Scale>
(adding
server under stress)
* Testing Cassandra Repair
<https://github.com/cloudius-systems/cassandra-test-and-deploy/wiki/Testing-Cassandra-Repair>

More info in README
<https://github.com/cloudius-systems/cassandra-test-and-deploy#ansible-cassandra-cluster-stress>
the  and Wiki

Some of my future plans include adding YCSB, run on other providers and
more.
Contributions and suggestions will be appreciated!

Tzach