Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com> on 2010/05/21 15:55:53 UTC

The upload document process fails

Hi All,

Using JMeter version 2.3.4 r785646

While executing the JMeter script with the http request using
Multipart/form-data for HTTP POST, the upload document process fails.

In the View results tree we have observed the following:

In the http request, it displays "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit"
against each parameter. This is not sent by the browser (have verified
in HTTP watch & HTTP Headers)

Secondly, in the same request, it also displays

We have added HTTP Header Manager in the same reuest "Content-Type" -
multipart/form-data;

boundary=---------------------------7da2a92586061e , which matches with
the browser.

Following JMeter request - response

-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0

<actual file content, not shown here>

-----------------------------

-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0

-----------------------------

Browser Response

-----------------------------41184676334

-----------------------------

-----------------------------41184676334

Ash1

-----------------------------

We have also captured the scenario in Firefox and there those values &
parameters are matched with the request.

Can you advise on what is missing or what needs to be done to execute
the request successfully?

Thanks & Regards,

Rushabh

RE: The upload document process fails

Posted by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com>.
OK. Sorry, I'm unable to see the screenshots which you have attached,
could you please make a link of screenshot so that I can see.

Thanks,

Rushabh

________________________________

Posted by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com>.
Thanks all, my script is working fine now after adding one parameter in
sending files with the request which was missing.

Regards,
Rushabh

Posted by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com>.
I have tried but not working :(

Workaround to fix this issue is to record the test in badboy
(www.badboy.com.au) and import them to jmeter file

* in the http parameters  u r sending remove the end content and place
this
end content  in the  path parameters  like shown below*
**
*file path           newfile
application/textfile*
*filepath1          endcontent*