Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by akabhishek1 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/21 11:53:43 UTC

how to Schedule Message with Qpid JMS Client

Hi Team,

We have requirement to schedule message. We are using
"qpid-jms-client-0.40.0".

As this feature is available in active MQ but i am not sure this feature is
available in Qpid or not?

Could you please suggest, Is this feature available in Qpid JMS or Not? If
yes then how can i schedule message, any reference link?

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Re: how to Schedule Message with Qpid JMS Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
At least some of the below is only applicable to Qpid Broker-J and the
Qpid AMQP 0-x JMS client. For the AMQP 1.0 JMS client the poster is
using, the setDeliveryDelay method I referenced should be used in
order configure the delivery delay (which is used internally to
establish a delivery time at send)

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You can set a delivery delay when producing messages, see
https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/jms/MessageProducer.html#setDeliveryDelay-long-

This functionality will only work against servers that have advertised
support for the necessary mechanism [1], if otherwise then sends with
a delay requested will throw an exception to avoid delivery not being
delayed as was requested. You reference ActiveMQ below, which does
offer support for the mechanism, though your questions have mostly
related to Service Bus which I dont think does as yet.

Robbie

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=65347&wg_abbrev=amqp