Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/04 12:24:07 UTC

[VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Hello everyone, it is time again to consider adding a new
contributor to commit status for Jackrabbit.

I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
to contribute to the project on a long-term basis. Please vote
with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this time).
Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our project status
page will be counted as binding.

Dominique, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be
part of the Jackrabbit project and you willingness/ability
to sign and submit a Contributor License Agreement found at

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Feel free to decline the nomination if you do not desire
commit access at this time, or if you are unable to sign the
CLA for any reason.

Cheers,

Stefan Guggisberg
committer, Apache Jackrabbit

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mar 4, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
> on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
> to contribute to the project on a long-term basis. Please vote
> with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this time).

+1

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
> I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
> on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
> to contribute to the project on a long-term basis. Please vote
> with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this time).
> Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
> Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our project status
> page will be counted as binding.

+1

regards,
david

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
>Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our project status
>page will be counted as binding.

+1 which is certainly non-binding.

Just a note from the Lenya-Wyona experience: It seems to me that
Dominique should try to become more transparent on the mailing list,
especially since he is also working for Day Software (some are more
equal ;-).

Also I think it is important to differentiate between PMC and committer.
I am not sure if Jackrabbit does this at the moment.

I think somebody should become quite easily a committer if providing
useable code on a regular basis, but "political" decisions are another
thing and
it normally takes longer to build trust so that one is able to recognize how
independent one's mind is.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Tobias Strasser <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:24:07 +0100, Stefan Guggisberg
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, it is time again to consider adding a new
> contributor to commit status for Jackrabbit.
>
> I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
> on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
> to contribute to the project on a long-term basis. Please vote
> with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this time).
> Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
> Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our project status
> page will be counted as binding.
>
> Dominique, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be
> part of the Jackrabbit project and you willingness/ability
> to sign and submit a Contributor License Agreement found at
>
>    http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>
> Feel free to decline the nomination if you do not desire
> commit access at this time, or if you are unable to sign the
> CLA for any reason.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan Guggisberg
> committer, Apache Jackrabbit

--
------------------------------------------< tobias.strasser@day.com >---
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
+1

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi>.
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
> on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
> to contribute to the project on a long-term basis. Please vote
> with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this time).

+1

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
+1

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
 > I hereby nominate Dominique Pfister (dominique.pfister <at> day.com)
 > on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire
 > to contribute to the project on a long-term basis.

+1

regards
  marcel

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
With no objections and plenty of +1s, the Jackrabbit PPMC and
Incubator PMC hereby approve the addition of Dominique Pfister
as a committer on the Jackrabbit project.

Jackrabbit PPMC:
+1  Roy Fielding
+1  Stefan Guggisberg
+1  Stefano Mazzocchi
+1  David Nuescheler
+1  Peeter Piegaze
+1  Gianugo Rabellino
+1  Tim Reilly
+1  Marcel Reutegger
    Paul Russell
    Andrew Savory
+1  Tobias Strasser
    Sylvain Wallez
+1  Jukka Zitting

Incubator PMC:
+1  Roy Fielding
+1  Stefano Mazzocchi

Since his CLA is already on file, we will start generating the account.

cheers
stefan

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

sorry, forgot that i'm also allowed to vote ;)

cheers
stefan

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Peeter Piegaze wrote:
> +1

+1

--
Stefano.

Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Peeter Piegaze <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Tim Reilly <ti...@consultant.com>.
+1