Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/03 20:42:51 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

I want to bump this thread up and get the graduation process started. We
have released 2.1 as the first official release for Apache Cordova.

Looking at the link Jukka posted (
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process)

There are a few steps left till graduation:

   - a charter for your project
   - a positive community graduation
VOTE<http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>
   - a positive IPMC recommendation
VOTE<http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>
   - the acceptance of the
resolution<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution>
by
   the Board

I am not sure if we have a charter. Anyone have any details on this?

We can start a vote thread, but I am wondering if we need to have the
charter before we start it.

-Steve

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey Everyone,

I have started the graduation vote on the general at incubator list.

You can view it at http://markmail.org/message/ldhu6do7syor2vqp

-Steve

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jukka,

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
I have got a draft of the charter ready to be viewed. Take a look at [1]

There are still some people who have been voted in and haven't gotten their
apache id's. I have sent emails about them in the original vote threads. If
you are a committer and are not on the charter list, let us know. I have
also updated our committer list at [2]. If you are missing from that list,
just shoot me an email or look at our wiki on how to update it yourself.

According to the charter, we need to appoint a Vice President for Cordova.
I assume this would just be a nomination process with a vote unless there
is lazy consensus. We can change the person appointed at any time in the
future.

After that, I believe we are ready to get a recommendation from our mentors
for graduation.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/Draft%20Charter
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/callback.html

-Steve

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

> I suggest that you assume lazy consensus within the community and get on
> with writing the charter.

+1 lazy consensus :)

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
oh! ok, I was going on this [1] which has a bit of a pre-amble thing
going on! Ross, what are the next steps for us to do for graduation
then---a vote?

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date