Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de> on 2009/10/11 02:19:54 UTC

Release 2.0 and PEAR package?

Hello

The "Fix versions" field in JIRA denotes the release this fix is
targeted for, right? If so can we schedule the following issue to
2.1?
  * LOG4PHP-36 - Implement a LoggerPhpConfigurator
  * LOG4PHP-27 - Add the option of defining permissions of a log file

Without them only the following issues are left for 2.0:

  * LOG4PHP-72   	 Official release date?
  * LOG4PHP-26   	 Add file locking file appenders

The latter one has IIRC already been fixed.

The only other issue that comes to my mind is the one regarding
the licence headers in the example/ dir which was raised yesterday.

Can we release afterwards? :)

Apropos, as our users have to install log4php somehow I'm wondering if
we can already build PEAR packages (ant pear-package currently fails)
and if there is something like pear.apache.org or if we may upload the
package to another pear repository?

bye,

-christian-

Re: PEAR package?

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hi

The "ant pear-package" still works, it was just pear on my Debian
unstable system hat has some problems.

Only $state in package-config.php would have to be changed to 'stable'.

bye,

-christian-

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hi

I took care of the .zip file. Sadly the version policies for PEAR
packages do want something like 2.0.0 or 2.0.0snapshot instead of
2.0-SNAPSHOT but a log4php-2.0.tgz/zip must be enough for now.

Sometimes the loss of flexibility with maven is a real PITA. Maybe
the apparently orphaned maven-php-plugin should be my next target :)

bye,

-christian-

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hi

Am Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:27:23 +0200
schrieb Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> >> Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
> >> release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
> >> start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about
> >> this
> >
> > Come on guys, it's getting boring again :-) And we're so close
> > before a release!
>
> Yeah, I agree, lets do it!
>
> I added a new wikipage, were we can nail down the already agreed
> items. Its there:
> http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Log4PHPReleasePlan

Regarding:

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hello

Am Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:54:12 +0200
schrieb Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:

> > Without them only the following issues are left for 2.0:
> >  * LOG4PHP-72           Official release date?
>
> Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
> release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
> start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about this

Come on guys, it's getting boring again :-) And we're so close before a
release!

Meanwhile I'm commenting your "Heading for a release" mail from 31.
August.

> - create tag 2.0

svn copy . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/log4php/tags/2.0

> - create package with maven

mvn site
That creates target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz

> - sign/hash with gpg and a key, whose public counterpart can be found
>   in the repository

gpg  --detach-sign --armor target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz

What is "the repository"? My key 86A118E6 is on wwwkeys.de.pgp.net,
would that be enough?

> - upload the whole to a staging server

How's that done?

> - have a vote on this list

"+1" :-)

> - have a vote on the incubator list?

I guess one of the mentors has to do this?

> - after successful voting, copy the staged artifacts to the download
>   server

How?

Re: Release 2.0 and PEAR package?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> 2.1?
>  * LOG4PHP-36 - Implement a LoggerPhpConfigurator
>  * LOG4PHP-27 - Add the option of defining permissions of a log file

I postboned them because I agree

> Without them only the following issues are left for 2.0:
>  * LOG4PHP-72           Official release date?

Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about this

>  * LOG4PHP-26           Add file locking file appenders
> The latter one has IIRC already been fixed.

Yes, it is -  i closed it

> Can we release afterwards? :)

For me yes

> Apropos, as our users have to install log4php somehow I'm wondering if
> we can already build PEAR packages (ant pear-package currently fails)
> and if there is something like pear.apache.org or if we may upload the
> package to another pear repository?

Not at the moment. I am also no PEAR user, but maybe we can ask on the
Shindig list. They have PHP code and maybe they are interested in
having pear.apache.org channels too. I wouldn't go with another pear
repository without discussing this with our mentors and on incubator
list, I am quite sure there is some policy about that :)

Christian