Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by blholmes <bl...@sffind.com> on 2009/10/13 03:00:21 UTC

XSLT Response for multivalue fields

I am having trouble generating the xsl file for multivalue entries. I'm not
sure I'm missing something, or if this is how it is supposed to function. I
have to authors and I'd like to have seperate ByLine notes in my
translation.
Here is what solr returns normally
<arr name="author">
<str>Crista  Souza</str>
<str>Darrell  Dunn</str>
</arr>

Here is my xsl
                <xsl:for-each select="arr[@name='author']::*">
                   <ByLine>
                            <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                   </ByLine>
                </xsl:for-each>

And here is what it is returning:
<ByLine>Crista  SouzaDarrell  Dunn</ByLine>

I was expecting it to return
<ByLine>Crista  Souza</ByLine>
<ByLine>Darrell  Dunn</ByLine>

I've tried other variations and using templates instead but it keeps
displaying the same thing, one ByLine field with things mushed together.

Any clues if this is an issue with xslt code, the xslt response Writer,
XALAN, or solr? I've no clues where to go from here. Any ideas to point me
in the right direction appreciated.

RE: XSLT Response for multivalue fields

Posted by "Radha C." <cr...@ceiindia.com>.

Hi Brain,

You can try this xpath in your xls template,

<xsl:for-each select="arr[@name='author']/str">
		<ByLine>
                      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
            </ByLine>