Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Chuck H. Zhao" <ch...@usa.net> on 2001/03/22 01:03:54 UTC

should the OutputStream or Writer be flushed?

When I do:

OutputStream myOutputStream = ...;
Transformer.transform( new StreamSouce(...), new StreamResult(
myOutputStream) );

or

Writer myWriter = ...
Transformer.transform( new StreamSouce(...), new StreamResult( myWriter) );

Should xalan code automatically call flush() method on myOutputStream or
myWriter?  I think it is desirable that xalan does NOT automatically flush
the underlying OutputStream or Writer for the result, but in my testing
they do get flushed.  I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug.  Could
someone please tell me what is the intended behavior?  If the automatic
flush is a bug then I will file a bug report.

Thanks.

-- Chuck Zhao