Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Philip Prindeville <ph...@redfish-solutions.com> on 2006/03/09 04:00:11 UTC

Tweaking sendmail...

Well, I posted the following below to mimedefang, but didn't see a response.

Hopefully someone hear can answer this question?  Also asked a few months
ago on the sendmail list, but I think that the idea of adding a knob
that would
allow you to bend the spec was anathema to them...  Even if the spec was
written in a time well before spammers, email-propagated viruses, or paying
for Internet carriage...

I'd argue that it's a different world, and that protecting your
resources from
attack is sometimes more important than conformance to a specification that
mandates "being liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you
send."

Well, being liberal in what you accept makes your machine easier to exploit
in what I can tell...

-Philip
========