Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Xia, Arandar" <Ar...@chn.fujixerox.com> on 2009/09/16 10:26:26 UTC

Lots of GET requests is sent when getting properties of a large file

Hi,

I use mod_dav of Apache to build a WebDAV server, and use MapNetworkDrive of WindowsXP to build a connection to the WebDAV server.
There is a large file (about 100MB) on the WebDAV server.
When I try to get the properties (right click the large file) of the large file or delete the large file, I find that it will take a long time to finish the operation.
After tracking the communication, I find that the client sends lots of GET requests to the server.
If the target file is small, this will not happen.

Does anybody know what is wrong and how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

// Zeyi