Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/14 20:03:23 UTC

Samples which fire up Axis2 don't run in Geronimo (TUSCANY-1986)

Hi,

I'm able to identify the problem reported by TUSCANY-1986. Basically there
are two issues.

1) When a Tuscany webapp with binding.ws (Axis2) is deployed to Geronimo,
the Geronimo server magically adds the axis2 plugin as a dependency to this
web module.

2) By default, Geronimo uses parent-first classloading strategy. As a
result, the axis2 related jars packahed in the WAR are not effective.
Instead, the Geronimo axis2 plugin will take precedance. I believe there is
a bug in the axis2 plugin dependency declaration which misses the
apche-commons-fileupload. When the Tuscany code tries to load up the axis2
configuration, it fails with NoClassDefFoundError as FileUploadException
class cannot be resolved by the axis2 plugin classloader. (Both Geronimo
2.0.1 and 2.0.2 have the same issue.)

To fix the problem, we will have to create a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml which
contains a <inverse-classloading> element which tells the geronimo server to
load classed from the WAR first. I attached the file in the JIRA.

I'm not sure what's the best way to get the problem fixed in 1.1 release.
Maybe we have to document it instead of adding code to generate the
Geronimo-specifc geronimo-web.xml for each webapp samples.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Samples which fire up Axis2 don't run in Geronimo (TUSCANY-1986)

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
snip...

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Jan 14, 2008 10:49 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding hand-crafted WEB-INF/geronimo-webapp.xml would work, but it seems
> be a bit weird that we package geronimo-specific files in the WARs which
> are
> supposed to be deployable to any web containers.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

don't how we can avoid putting the file there if the objective is to have
the war run in any app container and Geronimo needs this file. Generation
could work but then we would be building specific wars for specific
platforms.

Simon

Re: Samples which fire up Axis2 don't run in Geronimo (TUSCANY-1986)

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
snip...