Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jonathan Selander <jo...@spinea.se> on 2007/08/11 15:31:36 UTC

Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp

Hi,

I've managed to set up SA to scan via procmail and it works nicely. I
run qmail+vpopmail. However, I get this in the logs:

Aug 11 15:25:49 spinea spamd[14258]: Use of uninitialized value in
scalar chomp at /usr/sbin/spamd line 1765, <GEN33> line 2.
Aug 11 15:25:49 spinea spamd[14258]: Use of uninitialized value in
concatenation (.) or string at /usr/sbin/spamd line 1767, <GEN33> line 2.

As well as

Aug 11 15:25:50 spinea spamd[14258]: pyzor: check failed: internal error

----

I read that the first is due to vuserinfo not returning correct
information or something, but it still annoys me to have the message
there. My SA startup flags are:

--max-children 5 --helper-home-dir /var/qmail/spamassassin -v -u vpopmail

I also read that the pyzor message is actually not a real error, but
more a notification or similar? I found a couple of patches for it that
I couldn't apply to my version.

Oh yeah, I run Debian Etch.

Any idea how I can get rid of these warnings?

Jonathan