Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Tim Fennell <tf...@rcn.com> on 2000/07/09 18:06:49 UTC

Using old ant.jar in build.bat?

I was just building the latest version of the source code and ran into a
problem with the ant build.xml file using a task with semantics that were
different from my current install.

So, I played around a little, and fixed up the build.bat file. What I'm
wondering is, after bootstrapping ant why does the build.bat file have this
line:
    for %%i in ($ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar) do call lcp.bat %%i
which puts the *old* jar(s) into the classpath.

Works much better for me when I replace that with:
    if exist .\lib\ant.jar call lcp.bat .\lib\ant.jar

Just wondering if there is a reason for the first line, or if we should
replace the line in the build.bat in the cvs tree. Also, the build.sh seems
to do the same thing in its own way...

-t