Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2020/12/09 03:33:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] 0.20.3-incubating-rc8 license Issue

Our RC8 vote failed in the general@ list because of a font called Tryker
that is incorrectly listed in our .rat-excludes file and an incorrect year
in our NOTICE file. If we decide to keep this font we were instructed to
run it by the legal-discuss@ list.  As I understand it we have two paths
forward:
1. We can attempt to keep the  font, but we will have to run it by legal
OR
2. We can replace the font with a ALv2 compatible font.

Seems like #2 may be the less resistant way for us to go.  That's my
opinion of course.

Additionally:
- There was an issue with the NOTICE file.  I've already opened a PR to
correct it here:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/pull/3647
- We need to further review our .rat-excludes file to make sure it's
correct.

See the link to the vote thread below.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r261b12cd02b89821601e3591e820ea5b8247ee59ca0f32348a8fe8d3%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

- Josh

Re: [DISCUSS] 0.20.3-incubating-rc8 license Issue

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Ahh, didn't think about that @Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> . Thank
you.

@FatJ Love <hu...@gmail.com>

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Slab?category=Serif#license is
apache licensed.   Of course, my UI design skills should never be taken
into consideration.  So you could pick from the serif fonts listed at the
site below.

https://fonts.google.com/?category=Serif
It  has licenses posted under each listed font.  I'm not in the Heron UI
code often, so if someone more familiar with the code could update the font
that would be helpful. Or we could just download the existing font at build
time like Dave mentioned.

Posted by H W <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Inline