Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk> on 2011/01/24 12:57:15 UTC

Eclipse templates for associations/ Mutual Registration

Hi Folks,

Re my earlier comment about object associations and Dan's reply, and Jira issue...
I noticed problems in the business logic hook mechanism, that would require changes to the noc* code templates. I then realised this would not be a quick fix, so I developed a  Mutual Registration sample (based on the Customer / Car example in Dan's book) allowing dis/association from either end of the association.

I've attached mutreg.diff here as a patch for review, specifically:
 - I've put it in <trunk>/contribs/MutualRegistration -  is this the best place?
 - Visibility of underlying accessor methods
 - Can you think of any more test cases?
 - How can this extend to many:many relationships and their templates?
 - Impact on other artefacts (documentation, examples,...)

I tried to use the Eclipse code-style template, and reformat as per Dan's isis-contributors-guide.pdf , but it still wraps at 80 columns and contains tab characters, so any help / hints here would be appreciated too.

Best regards

Mike Burton

Re: Eclipse templates for associations/ Mutual Registration

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.
Hi Dan,

No worries, sounds like we've all been busy.

I checked the email and I had attached .diff, looks like it was cut off by our mail scheduler as Mark says.

I've attached it to the Jira now.

I still haven't sussed Eclipse code-style template / code formatting, so that question from my email still stands.

Best Regards

Mike Burton
Myco Systems Ltd
01753 893390
17 Criss Grove, Gerrards Cross, BUCKS, SL9 9HG
Registered in England No 1832705

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
patches most probably will get cut off by our mail scheduler...

Attaching to a Jira issue is always the way to go. There is also a flag 'May be included' which covers all the legal aspects of a contribution.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,