Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Stephen Kahmann <st...@inovexcorp.com> on 2015/04/06 21:04:01 UTC

Openjpa Feature

Hi,

It looks like there is a problem when installing the openjpa feature after install the obr feature:

Stephens-MacBook-Pro:apache-karaf-3.0.3 stephen$ ./bin/karaf clean

        __ __                  ____

       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/

      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_

     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/

    /_/ |_|\__,_/_/   \__,_/_/

  Apache Karaf (3.0.3)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands

and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.

Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.

karaf@root()> feature:install obr

karaf@root()> feature:install openjpa

Error executing command: Can't install feature openjpa/0.0.0:

Can not resolve feature:

Unsatisfied requirement(s):

---------------------------

   service:(service=javax.transaction.TransactionManager)

      Apache Aries Transaction Blueprint

karaf@root()>

Stephens-MacBook-Pro:apache-karaf-3.0.3 stephen$ ./bin/karaf clean

        __ __                  ____

       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/

      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_

     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/

    /_/ |_|\__,_/_/   \__,_/_/

  Apache Karaf (3.0.3)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands

and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.

Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.

karaf@root()> feature:install openjpa

karaf@root()> feature:install obr

karaf@root()>

Is this known/expected behavior?

Thanks!
Stephen

Re: Openjpa Feature

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
According to the OSGi Wiki Import-Service is deprecated.
http://wiki.osgi.org/wiki/Import-Service

I am also not sure the header was really meant to mark a mandatory
requirement. So I think this could also be a "bug" in the resolver.
I think the minimum is that we should treat a service capability as
enough to resolve the Import-Service but it might even be better to just
ignore
the deprecated Import-Service header.

Christian

Re: Openjpa Feature

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: Openjpa Feature

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

It's not a known issue up to know, but it looks like a bug in the OBR
resolver for me as it should not consider the service as a requirement
(and actually Export-Service is now deprecated).

I gonna create the corresponding Jira.

Regards
JB

--