Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com> on 2007/10/16 05:58:20 UTC

zeroconf trouble

Hi!

I've been trying to start activemq with zeroconf. I'm using the latest
5.0 SNAPSHOT. I downloaded the source and copied the
receiver-zeroconf.xml to
apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT/bin
and tried to start activemq by typing
activemq xbean:receiver-zeroconf.xml

But I get this exception.

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
IOException parsing XML document from file
[/home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/receiver-zeroconf.xml];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://activemq.apache.org/dtd/activemq.dtd
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
IOException parsing XML document from file
[/home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/receiver-zeroconf.xml];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://activemq.apache.org/dtd/activemq.dtd
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:99)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:51)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:104)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:51)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:76)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:222)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)

and so forth.

If I remove the DOCTYPE element and try using,
activemq xbean:nodtd-receiver-zeroconf.xml

I get the following.

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /home/suran/apache/apache-activemq-5.0-SNAPSHOT
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The configuration has no
BrokerService instance for resource: xbean:nodtd-receiver-zeroconf.xml
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The configuration has no
BrokerService instance for resource: xbean:nodtd-receiver-zeroconf.xml
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:71)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:112)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:91)
        ... 10 more

Can someone pls help. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Re: zeroconf trouble

Posted by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>.
ttmdev wrote:
> I forgot to mention; for the client you would use a  discovery uri as
> follows.
>
> discovery:(rendezvous://group1)
>
> Joe
>

> ttmdev wrote:
>
>> Hi Suran,
>>
>> We're also using 5.0 and have not had any success with the "zeroconf:"
>> scheme. The broker hurls an exception when you try and use "zeroconf:"
>>
>> We are instead using the "rendezvous:" scheme for "Zero Configuration".
>> Here's an example snippet for the broker xml cfg file.
>>
>> <transportConnectors>
>>     <transportConnector
>>         name="default"
>>         uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
>>         discoveryUri="rendezvous://group1"
>>     />
>> </transportConnectors>
>>
>> <networkConnectors>
>>    <networkConnector
>>       name="default"
>>       uri=" rendezvous://group1"
>>    />
>> </networkConnectors>
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Joe
>>

>> Suran Jayathilaka wrote:

>>> Many thanks to both James & Joe for your replies.
>>>
>>> I wonder if anyone could provide me with some tips on how to get
>>> zeroconf working for the 5.0 SNAPSHOTs. What changes will I need to make
>>> to the activemq.xml for activemq to start with zeroconf? Or should I try
>>> a programmatic approach?
>>>
>>> Again, I am grateful for any input.
>>>
>>> Suran

Thanks a lot Joe.
Using your hints I managed to get rendezvous working. I really
appreciate the help.

Suran

Re: zeroconf trouble

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.