Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by nuffink <ke...@gyrconsulting.co.uk> on 2008/03/26 15:09:26 UTC

Jetty Deployment....

Hi,

I am a newbie (to a point) at J2EE and a defo newbie at Geronimo so please
be constructive and patient...

I have an old war file from something that was developed using IBM WSAD ages
back and so far have managed to get it all str8 in Eclipse J2EE distro via
importation (nothing fancy so far). i have created my DB2 databse pool and
that works fine too BUT when I importied the war into Eclipse in creating
the project and EAR project and web-inf stuff etc it also imported some
struts stuff too in the form of tlds. I have read a number of articles on
tlds and understand their use and the references that have been made in the
jsps to them,  again no probs. On deploying to the Geronimo Jetty server
v2.1 it is here that I am having issues that I don't fully understand. the
consiole comes back with the following warnings:

 13:49:15, 015 WARN (JspModuleBuilderExtension) JspModuleBuilderExtension:
Could not load tag class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag mentioned
in TLD file at file:/D:/<..my geronimo server
path..>/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1/repository/com/gyr/AAAAEAR/1.0/AAAAEAR-1.0.car/AAAA.war/
WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld

but thats all it says no reason why...the struts jar and named classes are
in the lib directory under WEB-INF...so any help or pointers would be good.

Thanks

Re: Jetty Deployment....

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 26, 2008, at 10:09 AM, nuffink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie (to a point) at J2EE and a defo newbie at Geronimo so
> please
> be constructive and patient...
>
> I have an old war file from something that was developed using IBM
> WSAD ages
> back and so far have managed to get it all str8 in Eclipse J2EE
> distro via
> importation (nothing fancy so far). i have created my DB2 databse
> pool and
> that works fine too BUT when I importied the war into Eclipse in
> creating
> the project and EAR project and web-inf stuff etc it also imported
> some
> struts stuff too in the form of tlds. I have read a number of
> articles on
> tlds and understand their use and the references that have been made
> in the
> jsps to them,  again no probs. On deploying to the Geronimo Jetty
> server
> v2.1 it is here that I am having issues that I don't fully
> understand. the
> consiole comes back with the following warnings:
>
> 13:49:15, 015 WARN (JspModuleBuilderExtension)
> JspModuleBuilderExtension:
> Could not load tag class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag
> mentioned
> in TLD file at file:/D:/<..my geronimo server
> path..>/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1/repository/com/gyr/AAAAEAR/1.0/
> AAAAEAR-1.0.car/AAAA.war/
> WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
>
> but thats all it says no reason why...the struts jar and named
> classes are
> in the lib directory under WEB-INF...so any help or pointers would
> be good.

That warning message means we got a ClassNotFoundException attempting
to load the WriteTag class. Are you certain the struts-taglib jar is
in your lib directory?

--kevan