Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/19 19:23:38 UTC

[users@httpd] How can I force mod-cache to cache tomcat-generated pages with Pragma:no-cache?

Good day!

I have jetspeed 2 portal that runs over tomcat 5.5.20. I have
mod-rewrite module in front of tomcat. So, users of my portal enters
in browser user-friendly urls like
'http://news.mycompany.net/xxx.html'

I want to cache all pages of my portal with 2 minutes expiration,
because content of my portal refreshes each 2 minutes.

I've configured mod-cache, but it doesn't caches tomcat pages.

Response for url: http://news.mycompany.net:

(Status-Line):HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date:Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:33:08 GMT
Server:Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control:no-cache,no-store,private
Pragma:no-cache
Expires:Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:35:37 GMT
Set-Cookie:JSESSIONID=F778F4A91E4A521BAF5B97A2E12F2817; Path=/jetspeed
Transfer-Encoding:chunked

Configuration properties of mod-cache:
        CacheRoot  /usr/local/www/cache
        CacheEnable disk /
        CacheMaxFileSize 4000000
        CacheDirLevels 5
        CacheDirLength 4
        CacheStoreNoStore On
        CacheStorePrivate On
        CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
        CacheIgnoreCacheControl On

How can I cache tomcat-generated pages?

Thanks!

--
With best regards,
Vitaly Baranovsky

Re: [users@httpd] How can I force mod-cache to cache tomcat-generated pages with Pragma:no-cache?

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Vitaly,
I don't know about mod_cache, but we're having a similar configuration
here (Apache in front, Tomcat serving behind).

We experienced that Apache doesn't "touch" any headers when they are
served from Tomcat. Unfortunately. there is no option within Tomcat to
declare http-headers in the configs, so you have to do that within
your code.

I've written a filter for Tomcat that sets the header according to our
needs, parameters are read as init-params from the filter-specs.

Maybe somebody in this list knows a better solution, but that was the
only one we found.

Cheers

Greg