Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2006/05/11 03:37:56 UTC

Scoped services.

A few questions. I see too many files errors in tomcat with Axis 1.3
and I'm wondering if it's related to my scope settings. ie. request
as the default.

What is a session enabled client exactly?

"Session" scope will create a new object for each session-enabled
client who accesses your service. To specify the scope option, you
add a <parameter> to your service like this (where "value" is
request, session, or application):

<service name="MyService"...>
   <parameter name="scope" value="value"/>
</service>

Are there known problems with axis opening up too many files on Tomcat.