Posted to user@wookie.apache.org by Vivek Malhotra <va...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 13:57:05 UTC

No hibernate.cfg in my wookie installation

Dear All,

I am trying to use wookie with tomcat and mysql.
While following steps in readme_tomcat.txt, I am unable to complete step 6
*(6) Edit WEB-INF\classes\hibernate.cfg to include the database username and
password*
because there's no *hibernate.cfg* in my WEB-INF/classes folder (or anywhere
else).*
*

I tried running wookie after ignoring that step but I am getting the
following error log:

1. SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance
of class org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener
2. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Transaction not initiated or already
closed
3. at
org.apache.wookie.beans.jpa.JPAPersistenceManager.close(JPAPersistenceManager.java:335)
4. at
org.apache.wookie.beans.util.PersistenceManagerFactory.closePersistenceManager(PersistenceManagerFactory.java:312)
5. at
org.apache.wookie.beans.util.PersistenceManagerFactory.initialize(PersistenceManagerFactory.java:256)
6. at
org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:105)
7. at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4323)
8. at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:4780)
9. at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:139)

Also, I am using tomcat7... (I know your docs does not mention tomcat7 but
would not wookie work with v7??)
I have created widgetdb, given access rights to wookie user, ran *
classes/org/apache/wookie/beans/jpa/mysql-wookie-schema.sql*
widgetdb database exists and seems properly initialized. what else??

Please help. I seem stuck.

Regards.

Re: No hibernate.cfg in my wookie installation

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 18 Oct 2010, at 12:57, Vivek Malhotra wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to use wookie with tomcat and mysql.
> While following steps in readme_tomcat.txt, I am unable to complete step 6
> (6) Edit WEB-INF\classes\hibernate.cfg to include the database username and password
> because there's no hibernate.cfg in my WEB-INF/classes folder (or anywhere else).

Hi Vivek,

The readme_tomcat instructions are outdated and have now been removed. You should instead refer to the documentation online at:

http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/downloading-and-installing-wookie.html#DownloadingandInstallingWookie-RunningWookiewithTomcatandMySQL

Hope this helps,

Scott

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 18 Oct 2010, at 15:46, Vivek Malhotra wrote:

> Hey Scott,
>
> I am sorry... my mistake. I forgot to specify this
> servletEngine.context.conf.dir=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.2/conf/Catalina/localhost
> hence, all the problems. it is working fine now with tomcat 7 / mysql 5.

That's fantastic news, I was just about to download Tomcat 7 - thanks for letting me know!

Posted by Vivek Malhotra <va...@gmail.com>.
Hey Scott,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vivek Malhotra <va...@gmail.com>.