Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/02/11 22:44:21 UTC

Re: svn: Reference to non-existent node '0.0.8' in filesystem '/foo/db'

Let me guess:  is this repository using db 4.1?

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Wednesday 11 February 2004 17:56, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:58, Bob Kuehne wrote:
> > On Feb 11, 2004, at 5:44 PM, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> > > Let me guess:  is this repository using db 4.1?
> >
> > that sounds like more than a guess. :( yes, it's db 4.1, mac os x,
> > and as the stuff below indicates, using svnserve over ssh.
> >
> > must we amputate, or can the limb be saved, doctor? (and if so,
> > how?)
>
> Toss the repos.   DB 4.1 on OSX is known to cause data loss.  :-(  We've
> seen it several times on this list.

I thought that between 4.1 and 4.0, 4.1 was the only one that worked on OSX.
If it's the case that DB 4.1 doesn't work on OSX either, should we throw up
the warning flags about 4.1 in general?  Perhaps in the FAQ?  The reason I
ask is because we've seen more and more cases of this popping up.  I must
have responded to 4 or 5 in the last week or so.

-John

Re: svn: Reference to non-existent node '0.0.8' in filesystem '/foo/db'

Posted by Bob Kuehne <rp...@mac.com>.
> Using db4.0 or 4.2.  4.2 is fastest, and automatically cleans up its
> own
> unused log files.

a late followup to my mac osx woes - i snorked berkeley db-4.2.52,
subversion 0.37, rebuilt with both, and life is good (so far) on os x.

thanks!
bob

Re: svn: Reference to non-existent node '0.0.8' in filesystem '/foo/db'

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Bob Kuehne <rp...@mac.com>.
> Toss the repos.   DB 4.1 on OSX is known to cause data loss.  :-(
> We've
> seen it several times on this list.

oy vey!*

what are the options for running svn on osx at this point in time?

tx,
bob

ps - 13. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation
with Yiddish expressions.

Re: svn: Reference to non-existent node '0.0.8' in filesystem '/foo/db'

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Bob Kuehne <rp...@mac.com>.