Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 12:27:58 UTC

DeviceMap in JavaLand

Hi,

Happy to announce, that JavaLand next month in Phantasialand confirmed my
previous standby option for a DeviceMap session:
http://www.javaland.eu/konferenz/2014-JL-konferenzplan.php?tag=2&locS=1

While there is a bit of Java EE competition in the same timeslot
(especially by Arun Gupta) having some of the leading minds from JBoss,
Oracle or new Apache-driven start-ups like TomiTribe all speak there I
guess it'll offer some good discussion on how they could use DeviceMap in
their solutions to improve Mobile UI, Developer and User Experience.

IRIAN hosts the stage, they are a strong JSF player, JSF lead Ed Burns is
also there and speaks soon after, so even towards better Mobile Support of
JSF 2.x or 3 (if a new version made sense for Java EE 8) or at least its
implementations will be a vital part of my presentation.

The language is German as a large part of JavaLand (similar to let's say
DevoXX FR with more French than English talks) so I will create a new,
improved slide deck for this talk based on what I presented about OpenDDR
earlier. It is so far the only "Frontend" talk on the 26th, while JavaFX or
PhoneGap are talked about the day before. Thus in a special interest group,
I hope people won't be too distracted by e.g. other Java EE talks[?]

Cheers,

 Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel
Language Champion | Java Godfather

Twitter @wernerkeil | @JSR354 | #EclipseUOMo | #Java_Social | #DevOps
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* JavaLand: 26 Mar 2014, Brühl, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, JSR
354 EG Member, Apache DeviceMap Committer will present "Apache DeviceMap"
(GE)

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Slides are complete, they enjoyed a significant improvement over the
earlier OpenDDR ones, especially the UX and content readability (given we
aim to help better mobile UX that seems appropriate;-)

Pity none of you got me any figures or stats comparing DeviceMap with other
solutions. Where it is exclusively for .NET, PHP or JavaScript it may not
have helped that much, after all it's a Java gig, so if you have it, please
share as soon as you can, there might be other more polyglot (Mobile)
events in the near future or even an ApacheCon, etc.

Although the talk competes with both a Java EE 7 and Spring/JavaEE session,
the fact the Web Service Example that turned out to be the most sustainable
one (Thanks a lot Reza:-) is based on Spring, too. I won't forget to
mention it, although anybody at JavaLand is welcome to port it to a "pure"
Jeva EE or Portlet environment, too. Hope to raise awareness and talk to
relevant people e.g. at Tomitribe, JBoss or Oracle.

Let's hope it helps gain a bit more activity. Mine should not be
overlooked, at least during the next Board meeting and report[?]

Cheers,
Werner

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Reza/Radu,

Thanks, will give the Sling demo a try. Since I'm also in the EG for JSR
333 (JCR 2.1) the Sling based approach looks interesting. I am not going to
present JCR, but e.g. the Portlet 3 EG also meets there and TomEE speakers
as well as a lot of people from the JSF camp. If I have enough time (or
more than one was already written) it would be cool to show something based
on Sling, a simple Servlet Filter or a Web Service around JAX-RS, etc. Or
(won't have time for that I'm afraid, but will have a look at this
https://github.com/hantsy/ee7-sandbox) JSF Flow. A flow with alternate,
optimized content for particular devices or resolutions (and at least when
you move within the flow, and e.g. the resolution changes or where
supported the screen was flipped, that would be recognized also on the
server-side[?])

Cheers,
Werner

Re: DeviceMap in JavaLand