Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by xabhi <xa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 14:42:33 UTC

Is there a way to disconnect an active durable topic subscriber

Hi,

I recently encountered a problematic scenario where a stray process was
running with a client-id in the cluster and it prevented start of another
client with same client-id. I wasn't able to find the host of the stray
process so as a temporary fix i started the new process with a different
client-id and it worked.

I know that we can destroy inactive durable subscriptions from jconsole but
i wasn't able to do it for this case. Is there a way to disconnect/destroy
an active durable subscription?

This will help in resolving such issues or even in case of problematic
clients where we don't have any control on the client process (say the
process is sending large messages which is filling up kahadb partition).

Thanks!
Abhi