Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/02 17:51:01 UTC

m2eclipse and Java project have excluded="**"

I am using Eclipse 3.4 , m2eclipse 0.9.6 and I have all default settings

I have read the FAQ about this
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Project+FAQ#ProjectFAQ-WhyresourcefoldersinJavaprojecthaveexcluded%3D%22%22

After importing project all resource folder are excluded in eclipse, when I
use mvn eclipse:eclipse this resource folder are added to classpath
properly.

I was wondering how I can add this resource file in classpath in eclipse
without manually removing exclusion for each module in build path.

I have spring application context in src/main/resource folder and in my test
class they get loaded from classpath

"classpath:application-context.xml"

It will work fine if I use like this "classpath*:application-context.xml" to
load context but it will load from local installed jar of same module.

But I have to always install this module first if I add any new bean to this
application context and want to make available in my test class.

Even I tried updating project configuration but did noy help

Re: m2eclipse and Java project have excluded="**"

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eugene,

I tried with simple multi-module maven project but could not reproduce the
problem, I will perform quick check between my production project and test
project and see what I will be required to reproduce this issue in some
sample test project.

Posted by Bouiaw <bo...@gmail.com>.
If you can provide me a snapshot build of the fix, I can also test it
on many of my company project that all show the issue.

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
I am not using eclipse:eclipse plugin any more, I just gave an example.

And I have subscribe to m2eclipse mailing list so for any future post, I
will send to that mailing list

After reading comments from JIRA issue, I have similar problem like

Kay Huber - 05/Aug/08 01:38 PM
I may be a victim of exactly what you describe Igor. In my case it's even a
bit worse:

    * If I have "Build automatically" turned on, even after doing
Project->Clean... the resources first show up but then vanish again.
    * If I manually disable the Java Builder for the project, the resources
remain.
    * If I disable "Build automatically" and start Project->Clean.. the
resources remain, too. (As soon as I turn on Build automatically again, the
resources disappear again, though)

So, I can't use "Build Automatically" option from eclipse, if I disable it
works fine, I can see my resource are copied in target/classes folder

>From JIRA comments it seems the fixed for this issue is postpone

Thanks
Gopal

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.