Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2003/03/05 18:23:49 UTC

RE: Commons httpclient API for Slide

Hello Portia,

I am not aware the client sending a "100 continue". The http client does
send a header, with a "expect 100", which in turn causes the server to send
a 100 response code. This code should be captured by the http client and the
request body is sent. This will cause the server to process the body and
deliver the "real" response code.
I know the http client people had a discussion concerning the http client to
pass the 100 response code to the application, which is not correct.
Portia, is this your scenario?

I have cc'ed this answer to the http client discussion list, may be someone
could comment on Portia's point too.

Best regards

Juergen

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Hi Portia

'Expect: continue' handshake which appears to not get along well with
your application can be easily disabled on individual POST or PUT method
basis.

However, I am not familiar with Slide at all, and therefore I can tell
if you could change this setting without having to recompile Slide

I hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Oleg