Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 06:14:22 UTC

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Hi,
    I tried out the samples given in [1]. I went through the Rampart
documentation and the web but could not find  an article on how to write a
handler for Rampart . I would be grateful if someone can point me to an
article , so I could start writing the BSP 1.0 validation handler.

[1] - http://ws.apache.org/rampart/quick-start.html

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nandana,

>       I think we only need the validation handlers in the InFlow and
> InFaultFlow.

Ok

> > Hi,
> >  I am attaching the module.xml which I wrote to give you an idea of what
> > have done.
> >
> > <module name="sample-validation" class="BSPValidation.BSPModule">
> >    <InFlow>
> >        <handler name="InFlowBSPHandler" class="BSPValidation.BSPHandler">
> >            <order phase="validationPhase"/>
> >        </handler>
> >    </InFlow>
> >
> >    <OutFlow>
> >        <handler name="OutFlowBSPHandler"
> class="BSPValidation.BSPHandler">
> >            <order phase="validationPhase"/>
> >        </handler>
> >    </OutFlow>
> >
> >    <OutFaultFlow>
> >        <handler name="FaultOutFlowBSPHandler"
> > class="BSPValidation.BSPHandler">
> >            <order phase="validationPhase"/>
> >        </handler>
> >    </OutFaultFlow>
> >
> >    <InFaultFlow>
> >        <handler name="FaultInFlowBSPHandler"
> > class="BSPValidation.BSPHandler">
> >            <order phase="validationPhase"/>
> >        </handler>
> >    </InFaultFlow>
> > </module>

       Thakyou for your reply. I updated the wiki page [1] (which I have
been maintaining) with the work I have done up to now, problems encountered
and the progress of the weekly plans. Your suggestions are welcome.

[1] - http://wiki.apache.org/general/HeshanSuriyaarachchi/GSoC2008/wiki

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Heshan,
       I think we only need the validation handlers in the InFlow and
InFaultFlow.

thanks,
nandana

--
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
WSO2 inc.

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

heshan.suri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nandana,
>            I was doing my project referring to the sample you gave in [3].
> While doing so, I came across a problem. When writing the module.xml [1]
> there is tag named order. In it I must specify a phase. Can I set any name
> which I like to this or is there a pre-defined phase that I should specify
> in this tag.
>
> <order phase="loggingPhase"/>
>
> <http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3529321>[1] -
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/samples/userguide/src/userguide/loggingmodule/META-INF/module.xml?revision=637413&view=markup
>

> [3] -
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/samples/userguide/src/userguide/loggingmodule/
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Heshan Suriyaarachchi
>
> http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Heshan,

Can I set any name
> which I like to this or is there a pre-defined phase that I should specify
> in this tag.

> <order phase="loggingPhase"/>

Yes, and make sure to include it in the axis2.xml before security phase. So
you can put it in between security and addressing for the moment. Take a
look at the <axisConfig> /<phaseOrder type="InFlow"> in the axis2.xml [1] .
We can move your handler as the first handler in Security Phase in the
future.

thanks,
nandana

[1] -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/conf/axis2.xml?view=markup

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nandana,

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nandana

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <
nandana.cse@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Heshan,
>        You first need to understand the handler concept in Axis2. Articles
> [1], [2] will help you to get an understating on how to use handlers to
>  add
> some functionality. An example of writing a module can be found in Axis2
> samples. You can find it here [3].
>
> thanks,
> nandana
>
> [1] - http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html#bmSOAPPM
> [2] - http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3529321
> [3] -
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/samples/userguide/src/userguide/loggingmodule/
>
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Heshan Suriyaarachchi <
> heshan.suri@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >    I tried out the samples given in [1]. I went through the Rampart
> > documentation and the web but could not find  an article on how to write
> > handler for Rampart . I would be grateful if someone can point me to an
> > article , so I could start writing the BSP 1.0 validation handler.
> >
> > [1] - http://ws.apache.org/rampart/quick-start.html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Heshan Suriyaarachchi
> >
> > http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic Security Profile (BSP) 1.0 Validation Handler for Apache Rampart - GSoC 2008

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Heshan,