Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/16 23:11:15 UTC

Release 0.7 problem

Hello,
I have a problem related to 0.7 release.
After making a tar I was trying to go through crawl tutorial.
  - tar xvfz nutch-0.7.tar.gz
  bin/nutch - is not executable (and nutch-daemon.sh too).
I thought it was my mistake - I started to do it on Windows so I moved
to linux, but the problem persisted.
I downloaded latest nightly build(nutch-2005-08-16.tar.gz) and it is
still the same.

I am not using standard nutch script(and build.xml too) for my local
installation at work so I had a look and noticed that in my build.xml I
have additional elements inside tar element
                 <tarfileset dir="${build.dir}" mode="755" >
     			<include name="${final.name}/bin/*"/>
	    	 </tarfileset>

It is strange nobody reported it so far so it may still be my fault.
But if not - should we make a release with bin/* scripts not executable
or change the build process?

I would go for a change but than I will do the release tommorow - as I
would like to test it.
Comments?

Regards
Piotr

Re: Release 0.7 problem

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
So I will move the release till tommorow as I am a bit sleepy now.
Regards
Piotr

Re: Release 0.7 problem

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Just for information
The only change I plan to make is change the tar task to:

  <target name="tar" depends="package">
     <tar compression="gzip" longfile="gnu"
       destfile="${build.dir}/${final.name}.tar.gz">
       <tarfileset dir="${build.dir}" mode="664">
	<exclude name="${final.name}/bin/*" />
         <include name="${final.name}/**" />
       </tarfileset>
       <tarfileset dir="${build.dir}" mode="755">
         <include name="${final.name}/bin/*" />
       </tarfileset>
     </tar>
   </target>