Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ku3ia <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/21 19:06:21 UTC

Date filter query

Hi all!

Please advice me:
1) q=test&fq=date:[NOW-30DAY+TO+NOW]
2) q=test&fq=date:[2012-01-23T00:00:00Z+TO+2012-02-21T23:59:59Z]
3) q=test+AND+date:[NOW-30DAY+TO+NOW]
4) q=test+AND+date:[2012-01-23T00:00:00Z+TO+2012-02-21T23:59:59Z]

where date:
<fieldType name="tdate" class="solr.TrieDateField" omitNorms="true"
precisionStep="6" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
<field name="date" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Which of these queries will be faster by QTime at Solr 3.5? Thanks!

Re: Date filter query

Posted by ku3ia <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all
Thanks for your responses.

I'd tried
[NOW/DAY-30DAY+TO+NOW/DAY-1DAY-1SECOND]
and seems it works fine for me.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: How could I overlook it?

Easy, the same way I did for a year and more <G>....

Best
Erick

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Erick,

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

Re: Date filter query

Posted by ku3ia <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>>First: I am really surprised that the difference between explicit
>>Date-Values and the more friendly date-keywords is that large.
Maybe it is that I use shards. I have 11 shards, summary ~310M docs.

>>Did you made a server restart between both tests?
I tried to run these test one after another, I'd rebooted my tomcats, I'd
run second test first and vice versa.

>>Second: Could you show us your solrconfig to make sure that your caches
>>are configured well?
I'm using solrconfig from solr/example directory. The difference is that I
only commented out unused components. Filter, document and query result
cache is default. But they are default for both tests, can it affect on
results?

>>Furthermore: Take into consideration, whether you really need 500 rows
>>per request.
Yes, I need 500 rows.

Thanks

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

your QTimes are somewhat slow!
First: I am really surprised that the difference between explicit
Date-Values and the more friendly date-keywords is that large.
Did you made a server restart between both tests?

Second: Could you show us your solrconfig to make sure that your caches
are configured well?

How many documents are part of that test-index?

I suggest you to adjust the precisionStep-definition of your TrieDateField.

Re: Date filter query

Posted by ku3ia <de...@gmail.com>.
[...]

*** Date:[2012-01-23T00:00:00Z+TO+2012-02-21T23:59:59Z] ***
Queries processed: 110
Queries cancelled: 4
Max QTime is: 22728 ms
Avg QTime is: 6681.31 ms
Min QTime is:  ms

*** Date:[NOW-30DAY+TO+NOW] ***

Re: Date filter query

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

1) and 2) should have equal performance, given that several searches are
performed with the same fq-param.
Since the filters are cached, 1) and 2) perform better.

Kind regards,
Em