Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Graham <in...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/24 07:49:05 UTC

Configuring Lucene Indexing, Solved

>   <lucene-xml-indexer logger="core.search.lucene">
>       <index-fields>snippet_id, metadata, comment</index-fields>
>       <store-fields>snippet_id, metadata, comment, filename, key,
> type</store-fields>
>   </lucene-xml-indexer>

This is the correct way to configure things.

> I put this in WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-lucene.xconf -- in the
> documentation it says to put it in the cocoon.xconf, but it seems like
> it belongs in cocoon-lucene.xconf. The cocoon-crawler,
> lucene-xml-indexer, etc. tags are all there by default. I assume that
> if correct this configuration will set the indexer to try to
> store/index those fields when encountered in making an index. It
> doesn't seem to do anything different from when I didn't have it in
> terms of the index generated at
> http://localhost/cocoon/samples/blocks/lucene/create. I was under the
> assumption that it would.

It wasn't really updating the index for whatever reason, until I
deleted the old index folder and restarted Tomcat. I'm not totally
sure what caused things to work, but I know that those are the only
new things I did.

While I've solved the problem of creating the right index, I'm still
not sure the solution wil work for refdoc.

Robert Graham

Re: Configuring Lucene Indexing, Solved

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 24 juil. 05, à 07:49, Robert Graham a écrit :
> ...While I've solved the problem of creating the right index, I'm still
> not sure the solution wil work for refdoc.

Why not? Is the indexing the problem, or the index contents?

Anyway at the moment it's not a problem if some kind of manual
operation is needed to trigger the indexing, the main goal is to get
the whole chain more or less working so that we can refine the ideas
and put the energy where it's most needed.

I've sent the account request for you, so you might get commit access
to whiteboard/refdoc soon, but infra sometimes needs a few days to do
it. In the meantime, feel free to send a patch (or post it to bugzilla)
so that we can play with this stuff and give you more precise feedback.

-Bertrand