Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olaf Lautenschlaeger <ol...@anova.de> on 2000/07/14 17:15:05 UTC

Tomcat status page

Hi,

I'm currently trying out a tiny "localhost" Tomcat
installation on a Win98 (2nd ed.) machine with the
following environment:

JDK 1.2.2
Apache 1.3.9 for Win32
Tomcat 3.1 and now 3.2beta-2

I've added the JServ engine status page to the Apache
configuration as described (http://localhost/jserv/).
The status page appears as expected ("Tomcat 1.0
status"), but when I click on the entry under "Mapped
servlet engines" (an URL that's leads to the request of
"localhost/jserv/engine/0) I always get an 404 error.

- Does this depend from any misconfiguration made by
  myself or is it a bug of tomcat?

- Why is there a 1.0 revision reported (Seems to me
  that this is made by code inside ApacheJServ.dll)?
  (ok, not so important by now)

- Is the 404 error caused by the mod_jserv connector
  module or from any of the .jar files inside the
  %tomcat_home%\lib directory?

As long I've been using the generic ApacheJServ engine
(up to 1.2.2) this problem didn't came up.

Hope someone can give a little hint.

Regards

Olaf Lautenschlaeger
--