Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/02/20 09:45:54 UTC

Multiple CFS files are generated

Hello all,

I am using Lucene 3.5.0 with all default options. I have not done optimize (forcedmerge). I could see multiple CFS files created as part of the index even though i haven't opted for. Could anyone tell me the reason.

_4xq.fdt
_4xq.fdx
_4xq.fnm
_4xq.frq
_4xq.prx
_4xq.tii
_4xq.tis
_4xq.tvd
_4xq.tvf
_4xq.tvx
_4xq_6.del
_5o4.cfs
_5wh.cfs
_5wi.cfs
_5wj.cfs
_5wk.cfs
segments.gen
segments_3d8

Regards
Ganesh

RE: Multiple CFS files are generated

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

The default was and is always to create CFS files. Since recent versions of
Lucene it only changed a bit that CFS files are generated only for segments
smaller than 10% of the total index size. You can change those settings
(e.g. disabling CFS files completely) by setting the correct settings in the
MergePolicy passed to IndexWriterConfig.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de