Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DENIZ DEMIR <de...@yfas.com.tr> on 2001/05/11 11:16:14 UTC

tomcat performance

Hi,

I have configured the follwing system again with regarding the advise from
Saurabh.

    - Redhat 7.0 - Kernel 2.2.16-22, PIII 650, 256M Ram
    - Tomcat 3.2.1
    - Apache 1.3.19
    - mod_jk
    - Inprise Application server for EJBs

with the max_threads 250, and when we open 40 threads with a performance
tool, it requests 160+ simultaneously, the system has 400+ processes (system
has ~70 processes without web server). I have some questions

 1) is this nortmal?

 2) when I stoped the test tool, the processes are not closed that time, it
begins to kill processes a little while later (1-2 minutes later).

 3) after test, the process number is not returned to initial value (just
after I startup the server ~100), it seems to have ~225 processes. The
max_spare_threads parameter is 30 (tomcat), and
maxSpareServer=64(httpd.conf). is this normal?

4) ant the last, when I look at the open socket connections with using
"netsat" command after I stoped the test tool, it gives a lot of following
lines:
            tcp        0   1239 apache.yfas.com.tr:8009
apache.yfas.com.tr:2014 ESTABLISHED
            tcp        1     16 apache.yfas.com.tr:8009
apache.yfas.com.tr:2013 ESTABLISHED
            tcp        0      0 apache.yfas.com.tr:8009
apache.yfas.com.tr:2012 ESTABLISHED

and these established connections are closed some amount time later. is this
normal.

 And the request response time is greater than one minute when the test is
began with initial 40 threads.

what do you think about these, I am waiting for your comments...

Regards,
Deniz Demir.

Re: tomcat performance

Posted by Vinay Ram P S <vr...@fcw-inc.com>.
Hi  Deniz Demir,

I Just now sent a mail with subject "Problem in linking Tomcat 3.2.1 and
Apache 1.3.19 in RedHat Linux 7.0"

Kindly address the problem
I'm facing the problem with the same configuration as you have.

>     - Redhat 7.0 - Kernel 2.2.16-22, PIII 650, 256M Ram
>     - Tomcat 3.2.1
>     - Apache 1.3.19
>     - mod_jk

Thanks Very much