Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com> on 2022/01/13 09:31:32 UTC

Camel Quarkus 2.2.1 LTS in preparation

Hi,

this is a heads up that we are preparing the release of Camel Quarkus
2.2.1 these days.

The main motivation was to fix the recent Log4j vulnerabilities in the
Camel Quarkus branch based on Camel 3.14 LTS. Backporting those fixes,
we told ourselves to backport a bit more fixes to have a proper 2.2.1
LTS release.

This is the current state:
https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/commits/2.2.x
This PR is also targeted at 2.2.x:
https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/pull/3456

Please feel free to raise your hand if you see some important fix to be
missing in 2.2.x.

Thanks,

-- Peter

Re: Camel Quarkus 2.2.1 LTS in preparation

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We do not need any docs, its not for development its for users that
can patch camel-quarkus in production

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 7:43 PM David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What’s going to happen about docs? There are no 2.2.x docs at the moment…. I assumed 2.2.x was obsolete and unsupported.  Given the length of time they have been missing, making them work will take some effort.
>
> David Jencks
>
> > On Jan 13, 2022, at 3:46 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:32 AM Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> this is a heads up that we are preparing the release of Camel Quarkus
> >> 2.2.1 these days.
> >>
> >> The main motivation was to fix the recent Log4j vulnerabilities in the
> >> Camel Quarkus branch based on Camel 3.14 LTS. Backporting those fixes,
> >> we told ourselves to backport a bit more fixes to have a proper 2.2.1
> >> LTS release.
> >>
> >> This is the current state:
> >> https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/commits/2.2.x
> >> This PR is also targeted at 2.2.x:
> >> https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/pull/3456
> >>
> >> Please feel free to raise your hand if you see some important fix to be
> >> missing in 2.2.x.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> -- Peter
> >>

> > +1 to get a LTS release for camel-quarkus
> >
> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen