Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2005/11/11 21:37:31 UTC

maintain separate sessions for each browser tab/window

Hello All,

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to maintain a separate session for
each browser tab and window?  Currently the same session is shared for
each frame, window, tab of a given brower instance and context.

I understand that this is the way things are supposed to be, but for my
application I'd prefer each browser window and tab to have a unique
session object.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-- john

Re: maintain separate sessions for each browser tab/window

Posted by Vinny <xa...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that HTTP allows this unless you come with a really ugly
hack. Single sessions are maintained between the browser and a host.
This applies to frames as well.