Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel Kunkel <Da...@BioWaves.com> on 2008/01/08 06:12:27 UTC

Strange Accounting Errors

Hi

I'm getting this error when mucking around in the new account
invoice/payment pages.

org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error in form
[ListInvoicePaymentInfo] calling service with name
[getInvoicePaymentInfoList]:
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following required
parameter is missing: [OUT]
[getInvoicePaymentInfoList.invoicePaymentInfoList] (Error in form

--

The Following Errors Occurred when I attempted to change an invoice to
the "Ready" state:

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
[setInvoiceStatus] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
was rolled back instead because of: Error in simple-method [Post a
AcctgTrans
[file:/wrk/ofbiz/ofbiz/applications/accounting/script/org/ofbiz/accounting/ledger/AcctgTransServices.xml#postAcctgTrans]]: ; [Gl account id is not set for [00001] or mapping not found for account type ])

I'm pretty sure the second error is due to  an incorrect setup. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Strange Accounting Errors

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Daniel,

Daniel Kunkel wrote:
> Hi
> The Following Errors Occurred when I attempted to change an invoice to
> the "Ready" state:
>
> Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
> Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
> [setInvoiceStatus] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
> was rolled back instead because of: Error in simple-method [Post a
> AcctgTrans
> [file:/wrk/ofbiz/ofbiz/applications/accounting/script/org/ofbiz/accounting/ledger/AcctgTransServices.xml#postAcctgTrans]]: ; [Gl account id is not set for [00001] or mapping not found for account type ])
>
> I'm pretty sure the second error is due to  an incorrect setup. Any
> suggestions?

yes, this is probably caused by incomplete GL setup.
The quickest way to fix this is to define a error journal for the
company: in this way, all the accounting transactions that cannot be
posted (for example, as in your scenario, because there isn't a mapping
defined) are moved to the error journal and no error is thrown.
You can create the error journal in this way:
1) go to Accounting-->General Ledger-->Setup-->Journals
and create a new journal:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/SetupGlJournals?organizationPartyId=Company
2) go to Accounting-->General Ledger-->Setup-->Accounting Preferences
and select the journal in the "Error Gl Journal Id":
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/PartyAcctgPreference?organizationPartyId=Company

All the "incomplete" transactions will be visible here:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/ListUnpostedAcctgTrans?organizationPartyId=Company

Jacopo

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
*got not go